Mastering Competitive Strategy and Blue Ocean Strategy
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 04 - 08 May, 2015
As the world struggles to recover from a historic downturn, the competitive landscape is becoming more heated. Nigeria and other sub-Saharan economies are growing and becoming more attractive, such that local players are increasingly being thrust upon the global stage. Local and regional companies are no longer insulated from global players, and now have to compete head-on with multinational firms that deploy sophisticated strategic analysis and frameworks. At the same time, social and infrastructural deficits make it difficult to compete with foreign-born products and services. As a result, it is no longer sufficient to have a good product. Businesses and products need to be positioned strategically, and continually re-invent their strategies. Thus, business leaders can no longer just be competitively effective; they must also be strategically competitive.
- General Introduction + Introduction to Strategic Analysis
- Deconstructing the Industry Value System
- Introduction to the Blue Ocean Strategy Simulation
- Strategy and Innovation in Financial Services
- Strategy and the Industry Value System
- BOS Simulation 1a: Introduction to the Red Round
- BOS Simulation 1b: Red Round Team Competition In teams
- Blue Ocean Strategy in Nigeria: The Interswitch Story
- Strategy and Innovation in East Africa
- Non-customers: Reaching Beyond Existing Demand
- BOS Simulation Two: From Red Round to Blue One and Two Round In teams
This seminar is designed specifically for top-level managers charged with formulating or reviewing strategy for firms, divisions, businesses, product lines or brands. It will be especially beneficial to top-level managers in innovative or fast-changing industries or sectors.
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.