Coaching with Insight: Enabling Demonstrable Individual and Team Performance
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jul 22 - 24 Jul, 2015
Coaching with Insight helps participants gain insight into the power of people and how to release discretionary effort, as well as how one's behaviour as a leader or coach influences the behaviour and performance of others. They will learn how to be more effective in bringing the best out of others.
Participants will also come to realise that to be successful as coaches, there are certain attributes they must possess and some of these could entail behaviours that run counter to what got them to where they are.
The programme focuses on how to be clear from the outset what everyone in a coaching endeavour – the coachee, the organisation and the coach - can expect to get out of it. By participating in interactive problem-solving activities and role plays, discussions and case study analysis, participants will gain important insights into the process of value creation through people; what works and what does not work.
- What outcomes should be expected from coaching?
- Understanding Performance
- The 360-degree view: The organisation, the coachee and the coach
- Essential Attributes of a Coach
- Key Principles of Coaching
- What works and what does not work
- Coaching against Competency Profiles
- Understanding Behaviour
- Understanding your own behaviour and coachee's behaviour and how they interact
- How to use this knowledge to strengthen engagement and create an atmosphere that supports change and learning
- Essential attributes of an Effective Coach
Coaching within sight is for mid-level and senior managers with people development responsibilities. Participants who generally have accountability for the development of the talent pipeline for their organisations and those who wish to consider professional executive coaches at some point in their career.
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.