The objectives of the Programme are to:
- Introduce newly recruited members of legislative staff to the organizational structure and workings of the National and State Assemblies
- Develop in participants the capacities for planning, organizing, and servicing the work of the Legislatures and their various Committees
- Prepare participants for positions of higher responsibilities in the National and State Assemblies
- Provide a forum for exchange of ideas on problems of Legislative Planning, Administration and Management
- Lay a foundation upon which the participants further training and development could be based.
- Culture and People of Nigeria
- Constitutional Development in Nigeria
- Party Politics in the Present Democratic Dispensation
- Nigeria’s Role in International Affairs
- Evolution and Development of Legislative Institutions in Nigeria
- The Nature of Bi-Cameralism in Parliamentary and Presidential Systems
- The Relationship between the Senate and the House of Representatives in Nigeria (A View from the House of Representatives)
- The Nature and Scope of Modern Management
- Tasks of Management
- Introduction to TQM
- The Essence of Planning
- From Bills to Laws: Legislative Planning and Monitoring Models.
- Proceedings on the Floor: Management Support and Logistics Implications
- The General House Keeping (Role of the Legislative Manager)
- The Management of Time
The Programme is designed to introduce the newly recruited officers into the Legislative services. The course is open to those on GL. 08 and above serving at the National and State Assemblies and performing basic administrative and management functions.