The importance of a well written report and memo in an organization cannot be over-emphasized. The responsibilities of most managers and officers at all levels include providing feedback to management in the form or reports and memoranda. In spite of its importance, most officers have inadequate report writing skills to enable them to carry out their assignments effectively.
This course is, therefore, designed to provide the requisite knowledge and skills on report and memo writing. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Collect appropriate data for report and memo writing;
- Prepare reports and memoranda;
- Present clear and understandable report;
- Present information through charts and diagrams; and
- Use ICT tools in preparing report.
- Overview of report and memo writing
- Data collection for report and memo writing
- Data processing and analysis
- Writing short and long reports
- Report presentation skills
- Graphical aids to technical reports
- ICT application to report and memo writing
Lecturettes, group discussion, case studies and practical exercises
Who Should Attend?
Supervisory and Middle Level Managers, Executive Officers, PAs, Secretaries and all officers whose responsibilities involve report writing.