Generally, formal trainings often do not focus on internal auditing. Hence, most Internal Auditors are not sufficiently exposed to internal auditing techniques. In addition, computerization of accounts by organizations further demands specialized skills in carrying out internal audit functions. There is therefore, the need to enhance the knowledge and skills of Internal Auditors in both internal auditing and computer application.
This course is designed to improve the computer knowledge and skills of participants in performing internal auditing functions. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of internal auditors in an organization;
- Plan, organize, implement and control audit programmes more effectively; and
- Use computers in internal auditing functions.
- Overview of internal audit
- Auditing in an electronic data processing environment
- Application of computers to internal auditing
- Frauds prevention and detection
- Accountability and transparency
- Systems control and security
- Managing interpersonal relationship
- Electronic payment system (e-payment)
Lecturettes, group discussions, case studies and hands-on computer sessions
Who Should Attend?
Audit and Accounting Staff from public and private sector organizations including the ADPs, IFAD sponsored projects, Fadama III, RTEP, CBARDP, CSDP, NACRDB, NPFS and NGOs, Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) at Federal, and State levels, Research Institutes, Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), National Parks, Commercial and Micro-Finance Banks, and Audit firms.