All organizations are required to maximize the productivity of their workforce. Modern office management practices require that Personal Assistants and Secretaries be skilled in using computers and other information management technologies to enhance their efficiency. In addition, various management reforms and reduction in the office workforce continue to place higher demand on them. Such officers should acquire modern office management skills to enable them attain optimum efficiency.
This course is designed to enhance participants' capabilities in office management skills using modern management tools. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify their role and responsibilities in their respective organizations;
- Use appropriate computer software to manage records; and
- Communicate more effectively at work.
- Role of Personal Assistants and Secretaries in organizations
- Basic management skills
- Communication methods
- Office records management.
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer software applications
- MS-Windows 8
- Word processing using Microsoft 2013
- Spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel 2013
- Computer Networking:
Lecturettes, discussions, practical exercises, role-plays, case studies and hands-on exercises on computer.
Who Should Attend?
Personal Assistants and Secretaries and other senior administrative staff in both public and private sector organizations.