Training Needs Analysis and Training Programme Design (ARM 206)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
May 04 - 08 May, 2015
Interactions with organizations in the agricultural sector show that most of them have little returns from their investments in training. Two major reasons account for the low returns, first is the failure to analyse training needs as a basis for giving training while the second is the faulty design and inappropriate material development. These situations are traceable to low capability in identifying training needs and developing content and materials that facilitate effective learning.
This course aims at developing and/or strengthening the skills which training and human resource development officers require to analyse training needs as well as develop training programmes and instructional materials. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and clarify training needs;
- Prepare human resource development plans;
- Apply adult learning principles to training programme design; and design training.
- Overview of training needs analysis and programme design
- Training concept and its importance in ARD
- Procedures and methods for conducting training needs
- Adult learning principles and experiential approach to training
- Programme and content development
- Training Materials development
- Preparation of training budget
Lecturettes, discussions, case studies and practical exercises
Who Should Attend?
Training officers; human resource development officers; subject-matter specialists engaged in training functions; extension officers in public, private sectors and NGO’s.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria