Cashiers and Account Clerks require basic skills in accounting and finance for effective performance on their jobs. Furthermore, these officers require time management and interpersonal skills for effective performance of their jobs. However, interactions with cashiers and account clerks in Micro-finance Institutions show that they have inadequate skills in accounting, finance, time and interpersonal relationships management.
This course is designed to sharpen accounting, finance and time management skills of participants. At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Keep accurate records demanded by their schedule of duty;
- Identify various banking instruments;
- Demonstrate high level of courtesy in their dealings with members of staff; customers and public; and manage their time effectively.
- Role of Cashiers and Account clerks in the Micro- Finance Banks
- Agricultural and Micro-enterprises environment in Nigeria
- Principles of Accounts
- Cheques: parts, parties, crossings and their effects.
- Cashiers' Records
- Cash entries, balancing procedure and analysis
- Bankers/customers relationships and Time management
Lecturettes, group discussions, case studies and exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Cashiers and Account Clerks in the Micro-Finance Banks, NGOs and CBOs, Credit Officers in development projects e.g. RTEP, FADAMA, etc.