Management of Extension and Advisory Services (ARM 314)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Jun 15 - 19 Jun, 2015
The effectiveness of extension service delivery system depends largely on the quality of extension and advisory service providers and facilitators. While the technical capability of these officers is not in doubt, the same cannot be said about their managerial capability. There is, therefore, the need to equip them with the concepts and techniques required for effective management of low level of animal protein consumption in Nigeria has been attributed partly to extension and advisory services.
This course aims at equipping extension personnel, service providers and facilitators with the fundamental techniques/skills to facilitate client capacity to generate service demand and to sustain extension and advisory services. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Determine the scope of extension and advisory services
- Apply principles of management to their work situation
- Assess clients' needs necessary to enhance investment and performance
- Deliver extension and advisory services necessary for investment in ARD
- Concepts of extension and advisory services
- Application of management principles to extension and advisory service delivery
- Participatory needs assessment.
- Planning of extension and advisory service delivery programme
- Communication methods in extension and advisory service delivery
- Managerial leadership styles
- Gender considerations in agricultural extension and advisory services
Lecturettes, group/syndicate discussions, case studies and exercises
Who Should Attend?
Senior and top-level extension/advisory officers and managers in the Agricultural and Rural Development Programmes, Extension and service delivery outfits of private companies and Non-Governmental Organizations. Facilitators and service providers in Fadama III project, CSDP, CBARDP, NDDC etc.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria