Management of Public Relations in the Agricultural and Rural Sector (ARM237)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Jul 06 - 10 Jul, 2015
The poor perception of the role and problems of the Agricultural and Rural Sector is due to low awareness of the sector by the general public. The low awareness persists partly because of the limited understanding of the sector by Public Relations Officers, hence their inability to effectively sensitize the public about the policies and programmes of the sector.
The workshop is, therefore, designed to provide Public Relations Officers with the requisite knowledge and skills to enhance Public Relations practice in the context of the ARD sector. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate better understanding of the peculiarities of the sector
- Formulate appropriate public relations strategies to enhance the image of their organizations
- Disseminate information for the mutual benefits of their organizations and the public
- Overview of agricultural and rural transformation in Nigeria
- Peculiarities of the agricultural and rural sector
- The role of public relations in the agricultural and rural development sector
- Understanding the agricultural and rural development public
- Managing the boss and organization
- Corporate social responsibilities and public relations
- Developing communication skills for effective public relations
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- The use of internet facilities for public relations function
- SERVICOM: Towards providing high quality goods and services
Lecturettes, role play, group discussions, case studies and exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Public Relations/Press Officers in agro-allied establishments, Local Government Information/ Extension Officers as well as others who are in the business of representing their organizations at exhibitions, fairs, public functions, and/or in a position to brief the press on the activities of their organizations in NNDC, CBOs, NGOs, etc..
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria