The awareness on information and communication technology especially the internet is increasing day by day and new tools, approaches and standards are emerging. The change in the mode of communication of information with the advent of these new technologies, poses a challenge to rural managers in meeting their organizational objectives. Therefore, electronic networking can be used to build awareness to manage and disseminate information, communicate with personnel and strengthen partnership.
This course is designed to equip ARD managers with necessary skills on emerging technologies for effective dissemination and utilization of information. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the role of internet technologies in rural development
- Explain the basic principles of network based information resources
- Organize an ICT-enabled “Common Service Centre
- Use modern ICT tools.
- Overview of new web 2.0 tools.
- Elements and trends of Internet technologies
- Role of an ICT based “Common Service Centre”
- Electronic Publishing
- Resource sharing in a networked environment
- Network based information resources
- Use and promotion of on-line resources and services
Lecturettes, demonstration, hands-on practical exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Community based project facilitators, Information officers of ARD agencies (CBARDP, Fadama, RUFIN and CSDP etc.), Extension officers and other Information professionals in NGOs/CBOs.