Basic Computer Training for Middle / Senior Officers and Managers (ARM 107)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Sep 07 - 11 Sep, 2015
Improved management practice places a strong demand on modern organisations struggling to cope with challenges of changing environment. Experience has shown that middle/senior officers in most organisations have low level awareness and appreciation of the usefulness of computer in solving their day-to-day management problems. To meet this demand, managers must take advantage of the micro-computer as a versatile tool for efficient and effective information management and decision-making.
This course, therefore, seeks to introduce senior/middle managers to the use of the micro-computer as an essential tool for effective information management. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of the micro-computer in management
- Identify and discuss the components of a typical micro-computer system
- Discuss the rudiments of data processing
- Operate and use the micro-computer for data processing
- Discuss the role of Internet in managing day-to-day activities.
- Overview of ICT
- Introduction to computers
- MS-Windows 8.
- The use of Internet and E-mail facilities
- Introduction to Software Packages:
- MS-Word 2013
- MS-Excel 2013
- MS-Access 2013
Lecturettes, demonstrations, hands-on practical exercise and group discussions
Who Should Attend?
Middle/Senior level Officers and Managers from private organisations including the ADPs, RBDAs, Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), Local Governments, Research Institutes, NGOs, CBOs etc.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria