Enormous agricultural and agro-based opportunities abound in the rural areas of Nigeria to generate income and rural employment. However, most of these opportunities are not fully tapped. Hence, the widespread and severity of poverty among rural inhabitants. Against this background, agro-based and off-farm employment opportunities present a viable and formidable option to alleviate poverty in Nigeria. Incidentally, these opportunities have not been fully exploited due to lack of awareness.
This workshop is, designed to expose participants to various agro-based investment opportunities in the rural sector. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and develop agro-based investment opportunities in the rural areas
- Determine economically feasible and sustainable enterprises
- Facilitate the planning and operation of agro-based enterprises.
- Role of agro-based enterprises in poverty alleviation/ eradication
- Enterprise identification and selection
- Assessment of enterprise viability and feasibility
- Sourcing and managing investment funds
- Management of agro-based enterprises
- Enterprise sustainability
- Gender consideration in enterprises promotion and development
Lecturettes, exercises, case studies, group discussions, and study visit.
Who Should Attend?
Business and Enterprise development officers in Community Development Programmes, Poverty Eradication Programmes, National Directorate of Employment, Financial Institutions, NGOs/CBOs, Cooperative and Private organizations that wish to exploit poverty eradication opportunities through agro-based enterprises.