Mainstreaming Gender and the Vulnerable Groups into Development Programmes (ARM 252)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Oct 26 - 30 Oct, 2015
Development practitioners have recently realized that their efforts have not yielded the desired results partly due to non-involvement of women and the vulnerable groups in development programmes. Experience has shown that this is partly because their problems and needs have not been adequately addressed. This assertion is also buttressed by USAID/Nigeria Strategic Plan (2004 - 2009) where it states that, "Nigeria's record on gender issues is weak and in need of improvement" and corroborated by the NEEDs document on the need to mainstream women into development planning as well as the emphasis placed on gender issues in the NPFS and other agricultural and rural based project documents. Against this backdrop, there is a need for gender considerations and involvement of the vulnerable groups in all aspects of development programmes.
The course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for gender and the vulnerable groups’ consideration in Development programmes.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic gender and the vulnerable groups’ concepts
- Identify gender issues in the development programmes
- Collect and analyze gender specific data
- Incorporate gender issues and the vulnerable groups into development programmes
- Apply acquired skills for leading and staying in control.
- Strategies for mainstreaming gender and the vulnerable groups
- GenderAwareness planning and control
- Gender issues in Management
- Methods of collecting gender-disaggregated data
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of gender statistics
- Gender equality under the context of MDGs
- Budgeting with Gender focus
- Gender, vulnerable groups and advocacy
Lecturettes, exercises and group discussions.
Who Should Attend?
Development Officers from the Federal and State Ministries, Local Government, Research Institutes, NDDC, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, NGOs, CBOs and Faith-Based Organisations.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria