Effective use of statistical tools has been identified as an imperative for successful research work. However, it has been observed that researchers have inadequate knowledge and skills to analyse the data on an acceptable format and are also not able to provide analysis that will meet the needs of its users.
This course, therefore, is designed to equip research, related officers and planners on the use of various statistical tools for analysis and interpretation of result generated from data. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the appropriate statistical techniques to use for various forms of research data; and
- Use appropriate statistical application package for data analysis and interpretation.
- Overview of Research Methodologies
- Introduction to statistical tools
- Collation and presentation
- Coding and editing data
- Data Analysis using various packages:
Statistical package for Social Scientist (SPSS)
Statistical Analysis Softwares (SAS).
- Interpretation of Analysis
Lecturettes, group discussions and hands on exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Research Managers/Officers in research Institutes, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Agriculture, Officers of PRSD in Federal/State Ministries and Agencies as well as NGOs, CBOs and CBN and Private Organizations.