This course is targeted at records and information managers including those saddled with the responsibilities of managing information as part of their functions. The content is directed at helping organizations to improve information management within their organization without necessarily investing on new tools or at a minimal level of investment.
The course will expose attendees to different techniques in managing records and information using your existing tools, including:
- Techniques for understanding and running your RIM function better
- How to management records and information on budget
- Information management improvement programme
- Information management audit
- How to implement a RIM framework and many more
- The Basic Objective of any Good Filing System
- Why care about a filing system?
- How do you know if your filing system is good?
- How does the general schedule help with filing?
- Why File Management?
- Establishing and Maintaining Control Over Files File What?
- Developing or Improving a Filing System
- Records Analysis Classification (Primary & Secondary)
- General Records Retention Schedule Vital Records
- What Are Vital Records?
- Vital Records Protection Correspondence
- Common File Arrangements Centralized
- Decentralized Filing Systems Implementation Process
- Electronic Records Designing Your Electronic Filing System Personal Workspace Vs. Group Workspace
- Naming Conventions
- Maintaining Your Electronic Files Management System
- Purging Electronic Documents Email Policy
- Processing Records for Filing Weeding and Purging
- Risk Assessment Records Retention & Schedules
Who Should Attend
Records managers, archivists, librarians and anyone responsible for developing and managing records. This course is appropriate for public/private, academic staff with planning or implementation functions. It may also be of interest to top management personnel in both public and private organizations.
||Sep 17 - 18 Sep, 2015
Renowned facilitator of more than 15yrs experience in Information Management and Technology