Modeling techniques that this course teaches are used in investment appraisal, capital planning, budgeting, valuation, financial analysis, and forecasting to make accurate financial and business decisions at the right time.
The course will deliver competencies in the use of Financial Tools designed for Account/Finance, Risk Management and Financial Control. It is for delegates who already can create moderately complex spreadsheets and want to add greater sophistication, automation and build models. The course will examine very briefly some foundational and intermediate topics and then progress to advanced functionality such as: Pivot Tables, Vertical Lookup (Vlookup), Goal-seeking and Solver, Cost of Capital, Ratio Analysis, Financial Forecasting, Profit Volume & Break-even Analysis, “What if”, Investment Return Appraisal, Financial Model Design and Constructions, Project Evaluation and Sensitivity Analysis.
After completing this course, participants should be able to perform the following using excel models:
- Advanced financial performance presentation and analyses
- Loan management and loans schedules determination
- Product sales, marketers and distributors performance analyses
- Profit maximisation
- Product costing and pricing decisions
- Investment appraisals and capital rationing solutions
- Cost of capital determination
- Cash flow planning
- Business forecasting
Participants should already be using Excel on a regular basis.