This IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management aims to raise the professional competence of intending or existing environmental practitioners by providing training in the required skills and competences. The course comprises practical exercises to give students a hands on experience of dealing with real environmental issues.
At the end of the course, students must take and pass an assessment to qualify for the award of the IEMA Foundation Certificate.
- Sustainable Business Thinking
- Environmental Legislation
- Tools for Assessing and Measuring Environmental Performance
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
ï»¿ï»¿ Who should attend?
- Anyone who has recently entered the Environmental Management Sector
- Anyone who has responsibility for Environmental Management in their job
- Anyone seeking a proffessional certification in Environmental Management
Benefits of attending?
Participants in the course will learn
- The ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment
- How environmental issues can be incorporated into the management of an organisation.
- How legislation relates to an organisation’s operations.
- The means of assessing an organisation’s environmental performance
- The ways in which an Environmental Management System (EMS) operates
- The IEMA Environmental Management Certificates are recognised globally as a gold standard in Environmental Management Practice.
- Participants who complete this course and pass the end of course assessment will:
- Receive the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Stand an improved chance for employment as employers recognise the IEMA name.
- Have an improved opportunity for further studies in environmental management as the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is recognised as an accredited qualification in Environmental Management.
- Receive eligibility for admission as an AFFILIATE MEMBER OF IEMA.