With this workshop UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme seeks to strengthen the individual capacities of trainers in the field of multilateral diplomacy. This learning event will focus on deepening training techniques and methods, on the implementation of training sessions as well as on principles for professional executive education. By implementing this training workshop UNITAR intends to build and strengthen participants’ training skills and techniques for future training sessions organized by the participants of the workshop.
The overall objective of this workshop is to enable participants to provide internal training for their colleagues, as well as externally to develop partnerships with other actors in the field of training. The workshop will be divided into two training segments, each addressing distinct and complementary learning objectives. Thus, 60% of the training will focus on teaching methods and learning techniques, while 40% will be aimed at increasing knowledge related to the multilateral system and conference diplomacy.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop, structure and draft effective and persuasive presentations
- Recognize and take into account personal learning styles
- Adapt presentations to different target audiences;
- Apply design techniques of a training and distinguish its various forms and styles ;
- Prepare and conduct negotiation simulations.