There is increasing demand from multilateral agencies, funding bodies as well as boards of private companies for a strong demonstration that projects are being monitored and evaluated effectively.
Effective project monitoring allows a project team to make appropriate decisions on a day-to-day basis and ensures that projects are carried out as planned and modified when necessary.
Successful programs and projects begin from a pre-planned series of activities and events. However, things rarely work out exactly as planned. Managers must therefore periodically monitor selected indicators and measure performance during implementation so they can make timely adjustments where necessary, as well as subsequently determine the extent to which the program or project achieved its objectives.
Benefits of Attending
On completion of the training delegates are expected to:
- Understand the concept of effective project monitoring and evaluation
- Understand strategies and techniques for monitoring and evaluating projects
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation systems & plans
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation systems plans
- Project Management Overview
- The concept of effective Project M&E & Results-Based Management (RBM)
- Setting project objectives & targets that facilitates effective M&E
- Tools, methods and approaches for facilitating monitoring and evaluation
- Results-based & participatory M&E
- Planning for and Executing on the Monitoring and Evaluation
- Processes Logical Framework Analysis (LFA)
- Using MS Project for Monitoring
- Projects Earned Value Analysis
- People performance within M&E
- Project Collection, analysis and storage of M&E information
- Communicating and reporting M&E
- Application of all of the above directly to projects
Delegates will attend this 1 week course between 09:30 and 17:00 daily.
This course is also available as a 2 week course (for group bookings).
Please contact us today for a quote