Many organizations are characterized by poor relationships and conflicts. In such organizations, people tend to work at cross-purposes. Undoubtedly, officers, their bosses and subordinates perform better when there is effective communication, interpersonal relations and harmony in the organization. Communication and interpersonal relations are potent tools for forging shared values, commitment and harmony in the organization.
This workshop holding in Owerri, Imo state is designed to sharpen the skills of participants in communication and interpersonal relations for improved work climate and performance. It will also help them sharpen their official reporting skills and expose them to the effective use of English language and computers.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that affect relations in the work place
- Minimize incidences of communication breakdown and conflict at the work place
- Relate more effectively with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Apply basic communication skills
- Improve relationships in their work teams
- Enhance their speed in reporting.
- Management Concepts and Processes
- Communication Function in Organizations
- Interpersonal Relations Function
- Work Ethics and Values
- Effective Use of English Language
- Organizing Meetings and Conferences
- Effective Team Building
- Handling Organizational Conflicts
- Personal Effectiveness
- Managing the Boss Human Relations at Work
Lectures, discussions, role-play, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
The workshop is designed for Official Reporters and other officers of the Publications Directorate who need communication and interpersonal skills at the work place.
P. E. Africa