Performance appraisal is the process of formally evaluating performance and providing feedback to job holders. A good performance appraisal will achieve two basic purposes in the maintenance of a quality workforce - evaluation and development. The evaluation function is intended to let people know where they stand relative to performance Objectives and standards, while the development function is intended to assist in their training and continuous personal development.
A good performance management system sets standards or targets, assesses results and plans for performance improvement. It is the desire to achieve these goals that has necessitated the design of this workshop holding in Owerri, Imo state.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their organizational objectives and performance standards
- Factor target setting into the appraisal function
- Carry out an audit of the appraisal system
- Design an appraisal system for their organizations
- Conduct employee performance appraisal
- Identify problems related to performance appraisal
- Plan career development for their employees
- Coach and counsel employees effectively
- Performance Management: An Overview
- Organizational Values, Mission and Objectives
- Setting Performance Standards
- Target Setting: Functions and Problems
- Performance Measurement
- Coaching and Counselling Skills
- Appraising Performance
- Rewarding Performance
- Performance Improvement
- Performance-Based Compensation
- Implementing Work-Life Balance in the Workplace
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, role play and case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Human Resource Managers, Human Resource Development Managers and Senior and Middle-Level
Ukpe Iffiok A.