Strategic management is a core requirement for success in today’s turbulent environment. While it is good to plan, as failure to plan is planning to fail, essentially, planning is not enough. Organizations should develop the capability to competently implement their strategic plans.
This workshop intends to help managers develop the ability to eliminate gaps in their corporate plans by being proactive and more responsive to developments in their operating environment. It will also help them to implement plans effectively for enhanced organizational performance and results.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply strategic management techniques for goal achievement
- Clarify the vision, mission, goals and objectives of their organizations
- Conduct environmental analysis using SWOT instrument
- Produce functional strategic plans
- Evaluate the strategic plans of their organizations
- Create intelligent linkages between strategic plans and implementation
- Implement strategic plans.
- Strategic Planning: Concepts and Functions
- Vision, Mission, Values, Goals and objectives of an Organization
- Environmental Analysis (SWOT) and Force Field Analysis
- Development of Strategic Options and Choices
- Activity Planning
- Strategic Plan Implementation Techniques and Processes
- Strategic Plan: Financing and Implementation Challenges
- Change Management Strategies
- Evaluating Strategic Plans
Lectures, discussion, case study and role-play, film and syndicate work will be employed. Audio-visual aids will also be used to enhance learning.
Chief Executives, Directors, General Managers, Managers, Management Consultants, Advisers to Chief Executives, Government Functionaries and Planning Officers at all levels.
O. O. Sodipe (Mrs.)