Organizations manage relationships to ensure supportive work climate for optimum performance. Conflicts arising from poor interpersonal relations can undermine organizational goals. One of the fundamental duties of Secretaries and Personal Assistants is to manage relationships. They manage relationships between their bosses and superiors, and between peers and subordinates. The way they perform their duties can also have significant effect on interdepartmental relationships. To enable them to cope with pressures of their jobs, build supportive relations and perform their duties effectively, they must have outstanding interpersonal relations skills. This workshop holding in Owerri, Imo state is designed to enable Secretaries and Personal Assistants to manage internal and external relations and enhance harmony and optimum performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Identify their roles and responsibilities as personal assistants/secretaries
- Plan their activities more effectively
- Build effective work teams
- Relate better with superiors, colleagues, subordinates and the public
- Provide timely reports and information
- Operate as effective team members
- Communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal Relationship: Overview
- Understanding Temperaments and Body Language in Interpersonal Relations
- Interpersonal Relations Skills and Styles
- Secretary/PA as a Manager of Relations
- Strategies for Building Interpersonal Relations
- Cultural Pattern of Interpersonal Relations
- Effective Team Building
- Effective Communication Skills
- Time and Self-Management
- Effective Use of Feedback in Interpersonal Relations
- Managing the Boss
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies role-play and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.