Problems are part of daily living, as there is no human society without problems. In the organization, problems are viewed as challenges, which when solved, open the door to great opportunities. One of the major challenges of a leader/manager/supervisor is to identify the problem early enough before it assumes a crisis dimension, analyse it, seek possible solutions and take a decision on the most appropriate option for success. Decision making, on the other hand, is serious business. A leader/manager/supervisor who cannot take decisions is at the mercy of his/her subordinates.
This workshop holding in Kano state has been designed to enable leaders/managers/supervisors to define and analyse problems, and decide the best solution from a range of available options.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop skills for problem analysis and decision making
- Define and diagnose their organizational problems more effectively
- Apply appropriate problem-solving and decision making techniques
- Generate alternative courses of action to select the best option
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: An Overview
- Problem Solving and Diagnosis
- The Manager as a Problem Solver
- Group Problem Solving
- Information Gathering, Evaluation & Selection of Options
- Decision Types
- Ethical Dilemma in Decision Making
- Communicating and Implementing Decision Making
- Errors in Decision Making
- Management Information System
- Change Management
Lectures, discussions, syndicate/group work and exercises will be employed. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.