The availability of managers with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience at all levels and at all times is essential for keeping organizations competitive. In order to ensure the constant supply of the required human resources, progressive organizations embark on deliberate training and development programmes like succession planning and mentoring to create a cadre of managers who possess the necessary competence and are prepared and ready to assume higher responsibilities creditably.
Succession planning and mentoring programmes are key elements in developing managers. They are essential leadership skills development programmes that help managers learn, grow and become more effective in their jobs, now and in the future.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Highlight the various approaches used in the training and development of future managers in organizations
- State the importance of succession planning and mentoring development programmes
- Apply succession planning and mentoring skills.
- Management Development
- Human Resource Planning and Development
- Career Planning and Development
- Career Opportunities and Career Change
- Succession Planning and Management
- The Practice of Succession Planning and Mentoring as a Leadership Development Tool
- Developing Managerial Skills
- Personal Values, Attitudes and Ethical Choices
- Personal Effectiveness
The programme will be delivered using lectures, discussions, role-play and case studies. Audio visual aids will be used to enhance learning.