Protocol executives are the forerunners of their organizations and, by implication, their Chief Executive Officers. They organize meetings, conferences and special events, which require special procedures, processes and conduct. They also organize tours for the chief executive and his team. Since organizations maintain presence in strategic locations outside their normal places of operation, it is the responsibility of Protocol/Liaison Executives to market their organizations, represent their interests and act as strategic link between their organizations and other stakeholders.
This programme holding in Shangisha, Lagos state has been designed to enhance the participants ‘knowledge in world best practices and professionalism required in protocol and liaison functions.
- Identify the key elements of protocol/liaison functions
- Handle the linkages between protocol functions and the image of the organization
- Plan and manage events
- choose the right media for effective press coverage
- Imbibe the right business and social etiquette for dealing with clients
- Write quality reports
- Maintain and promote external relations.
- Fundamentals of Protocol
- Management Functions: An Overview
- Protocol and Image Management
- Liaison Function and Services
- Media Relationship Management
- Managing the Boss
- Organizing Special Events
- Etiquette, Personal Grooming and Comportment
- Time Management
- Security Management in Protocol/Liaison Function
- Implementing Work-Life Balance in the Workplace
Lectures, discussions, case studies, role play, field trip, and exercises, Audio visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Protocol/Liaison Executives, Personal Assistants, Public Relations Officers, Representatives of Non-Governmental Offices (Local and Foreign), Embassy Staff and State Liaison Officers
Mode of Assessment for Certification:
100 percent attendance / active participation
A. U. Adukwu