Employees’ performance and contribution is a function of their knowledge, skills, attitude and motivation. Attitude constitutes the most important factor in the performance of the worker. With the right attitude, an employee will be willing to learn, show commitment to work, relate well with peers, superiors and juniors. With the right attitude, an employees’ contribution and organizational performance will be at peak level.
Many organizations performance and service delivery are undermined by poor attitude. The attitude challenge is manifested in tardiness, unethical conduct, conflict and low commitment, all of which lead to low productivity, negative image and poor service delivery. Attitude change poses significant challenge. Organizations which intend to excel in service delivery must pay attention to attitude problems.
This workshop holding in Kano state is designed to provide the platform for a critical examination of attitude and ethical conduct in the public and private sectors and to bring attitude change to the fore for the betterment of the organizations.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Determine actions that constitute negative attitude and unethical conduct
- Gain consensus on the effects of negative attitude
- Identify individual and collective measures that may be taken to minimize attitude problem
- Become part of the vanguard for change in the organization.
- Principles and Practice of Management
- Concept of Work and Performance
- Attitude at Work: Positive and Negative Attitude
- Unethical Practice and Conduct at Work: Why People Engage on Unethical Conduct
- Planning and Organizing Work
- Effective Management of Resources at Work
- Interpersonal Relations at Work
- Gaining the Trust, Confidence and Support of the Boss
- Effective Communication Skills
- Attitude to Official Information
- The Effective Person Attitude Change - the Challenges and Strategies
The workshop methods will include lectures, discussion, case studies, syndicate work and exercises. Each of the session will make use of audio-visual aids to facilitate learning.
The target audience for the workshop are Executive, Administrative and professional/middle management level officers in the public and private sector organizations.