Information is a very important resource in the modern economic system. It forms the basis of giving appropriate response to opportunities and threats in the environment.
Records form a strategic component of information management and have to be effectively handled for goal achievement. The necessity for proper record management cannot be overemphasized.
This workshop holding in Kano state is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge required to enhance information management in their organizations. It will also afford them the opportunity of analyzing the economic value of records and developing appropriate systems for record management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Compile and maintain a safe record system
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance to organizational development
- Sort, keep and maintain records more effectively
- Develop appropriate techniques for managing information
- Use appropriate computer software for record management.
- Overview of Records Management
- Records Keeping Functions in Organizations
- Office Management and Control
- Indexation and Filing Systems
- Personnel Records
- Financial Record
- Disposal of Records
- Handling Confidential Records
- Computer Application in Records Management
Lectures, discussions, case study, role play, film and syndicate work will be used. Audio-visual aids will also be used to enhance learning.
Managers, Accountants, Supervisors, Secretaries, Trainers, and all other officers involved in record keeping in organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation