Investment Management is one of the strategic functions of managers. It is however challenging today because businesses in Nigeria are operating in an unstable environment.
The realities on ground are that many investments are failing due to poor management particularly in the area of planning function and risk analysis. There is high need for enterprises owners to safeguard the management of their businesses against risks.
The rationale for this training workshop is to provide adequate knowledge and skills for both existing and potential entrepreneurs with the requisite knowledge of business risks handling.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine the concepts of business risks;
- Discuss Nigeria Business Environment
- Analyse types of business risks
- Measure business risks
- Make risk handling decisions.
- Investment Management Risks
- An Overview
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Data Gathering for Risk Management
- Financial Planning
- Types of Investment/Business Risks
- Investment/Business Risks Handling Decisions
- Measurement of Investment/Business Risks
- Contingency planning
- Business Plan/Feasibility Study
- Using log frame for Project Planning
- Effective Communication process
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce the training and leaning methods.
This workshop is designed for Project Analysts, Loan And Advances Officers; Investment Analysts, Industrial Extension Officers from Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture, Commerce, Industries, NGOs and Trainers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation
Mrs. O. M. Uzoechi