Cooperative societies have become one of the potent strategies for social mobilization for economic emancipation and poverty alleviation. The management of Cooperative Societies and Agro-Allied Ventures differs significantly from other business enterprises.
Because of the challenges posed by their uniqueness in terms of formation, management, control and operations, many co-operatives and agro-allied ventures have failed. Many others are either crisis ridden or bankrupt.
This workshop is therefore, designed to equip participants with the capabilities to manage Co-operatives and Agro-Allied Ventures.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Identify modern strategies for the management of Cooperative organization on a sustainable basis
- Develop and maintain good working relationship
- Maintain standard credit management practices in cooperatives societies/union
- Design and implement effective marketing plans for their Union/Societies’ product
- Identify causes of cooperative failure and how to avoid them.
- Cooperative and Agro-Allied venture: An Overview
- Investment techniques and strategies for an efficient Credit management in Cooperatives and Agro-Allied venture
- Conflict management, prevention and control in cooperative organization
- Fraud Prevention, Detection and Control in cooperative organizations
- Sources of Finance
- Cooperative Organizations
- Accounting Models for Cooperative Organizations
- Financial Management
- Venture Idea generation and selection
- Organizing and Managing your own Business
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies, and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce the training and learning methods.
Presidents and Executive of Cooperative organizations, General Manager, Managers, Assistant Cooperative Managers, Accountants in cooperative organizations. Cooperative officers, Extension workers and Trainers
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attenance/active participation