Microfinance is considered to be the main source of funds available to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) as well as a large proportion of the informal sector whose contribution to national productivity cannot be underrated. Effective risk management strategies are essential for microfinance institutions striving to attract capital, protect against losses, and gain the confidence of customers, donors and investors.
This workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with relevant skills and core competences required for effective micro-financing risk management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine microfinance concepts and principles
- Identify various microfinance models
- Develop sustainable microfinance techniques
- Examine collateral issues and revolving loan methodologies
- Monitor and evaluate micro small and medium projects.
- Overview of Microfinance in Nigeria
- Microfinance and Social Responsibility
- Risk management in Microfinance
- Marketing Microfinance Products
- Collateral Issues and Revolving Loan Methodologies
- Report writing methods
- Credit Delivery and Recovery Methods
- Funding Sources to Microfinance Institutions
- Microfinance Models
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Outreach and Impact
- Performance Measurement in Microfinance
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, role play, discussions and exercises. Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce these teaching/learning methods.
Officers in charge of Microfinance in Commercial Banks, specialized Banks, Microfinance Banks, Microfinance Institutions, Non-governmental Organizations as well as Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Federal, State, and Local Government.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation
Aisha Bello Aliu (Mrs.