The growing sophistication and complexities of Nigeria’s socio-economic environment has made pre-retirement planning a key issue in corporate responsibilities. There are opportunities as well as difficulties in life after retirement, depending on how one has planned or not planned for it.
In reality, majority of public and private sector workers find it difficult to combine entrepreneurial activities with their official responsibilities. It therefore becomes a challenge for organizations to put together a pre-retirement programme for their workforce to guarantee them a fulfilling life during retirement.
This workshop holding in Kano state is therefore designed to equip participants with relevant skills and exposure on how to manage their lives after retirement
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine the concept and processes of retirement
- Examine the importance of relationship management and networking
- Prepare personal financial planning;
- Apply time management for personal effectiveness
- Identify post-retirement options and opportunities.
- Perspective on Retirement
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Relation Management and Networking
- Personal Financial Planning
- Pension Fund Management
- Basic Record Keeping and Accounting
- Appraisal of Nigerian Business Environment
- Health and Wellness in Retirement
- Business Ideas and Investment Opportunities
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, simulation, discussions, and industrial visits, Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce these teaching/learning methods.
About to retire Officers, Senior and Middle level Officers who have interest in entrepreneurship.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation