The events industry, including festivals, meetings, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, incentives, sports and a range of other events, is rapidly developing and makes a significant contribution to business and leisure. Events management is a rapidly growing field within the service sector not only for its recreational qualities, but also for its power of communication. The great strength of this business sector is that a well-organized event is capable of satisfying guests and participants on multiple levels.
In reality, many public events failed due to poor planning and execution. Where planning is good, execution becomes a problem. In some other cases, where both are well executed, event managers are confronted with the shock of unforeseen circumstances which gives rise to logistics problems.This workshop is designed for those who have a role in, or the opportunity to play a part in organizing events. It will provide an initial, all-round grounding in managing a successful event.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Design and execute events
- Identify and manage event logistics, facilities and resources
- Develop a clear understanding of the role and importance of events in the overall communication mix
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing events and its impact.
- An Overview of Event Management
- Conceptualizing and Designing Events for Execution
- Staging Events: Hospitality, Catering, Recreation, etc
- Event Logistics
- Managing Human resource and Teamwork
- Event Venue, Equipment, Facilities and other resources
- Integrated Marketing Communication for Events
- Monitoring and Evaluating Events
- Event Financing and Sponsorship
- Legal requirement and Liabilities
- Planning and Managing Security Challenges in Public Events
Public Relation Officers, Event Organizers and Managers, Protocol Officers, Management Trainers and Consultants
Methodology of Delivery
Lecturers, simulation and discussions, audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these teaching and learning methods.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation
Mrs. O. M.Uzoechi