Successful results of microfinance operation cannot be achieved without effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of credit delivery and recovery functions. Experiences have shown that there is significant correlation between good monitoring and evaluation activities and decreasing Portfolio at Risk (PAR).
The reality on the ground with many micro finance institutions is the increasing rate of PAR arising from poor ineffective monitoring and evaluation of microfinance operations
The workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with core M & E skills required to manage microfinance schemes for better result.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine basic concepts of M & E
- Discuss purpose of M & E in microfinance schemes
- List data gathering methods for effective M & E activities
- Explain monitoring and evaluation of credit delivery
- Discuss M & E of credit recovery
- Write M & E report.
- Overview of Microfinance Schemes in Nigeria
- Basic Concepts of M & E
- Data Gathering Method in Microfinance Operations
- Monitoring Credit Delivery and Recovery in Microfinance Scheme
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Effective Use of M & E Report in Microfinance Scheme
- Financial Performance and Risk Analysis
- Monitoring and Evaluating Social Performance Impacts of Microfinance Schemes
- Microfinance Products and Services Performance Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Micro Projects
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce the training and learning methods.
Officers in charge of Microfinance in Commercial Banks, specialized Banks, Microfinance Banks, Microfinance Institutions, Non-governmental Organizations as well as Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Federal, State, and Local Government.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation