Entrepreneurs are achievement motivated people who take the risks to establish business ventures, produce goods and render services that are needed by the society and thereby creating job for themselves and others.
The reality on ground is that there can be no successful entrepreneurship without possessing unique qualities of a leader. Since these qualities are difficult to possess, concerted effort must be made to identify such potentials as well as developing them for the benefit of the person in particular and our society in general.
This workshop is designed to develop the requisite leadership skills needed by the participants to establish a business venture and manage it successfully on a sustainable way.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Explain the concepts of entrepreneurship
- List leadership types and skills required in successful entrepreneurship
- Apply leadership skills in business management
- Develop leadership capabilities to manage a business
- Manage challenges of business environment through application of successful leadership skills
- Discuss leadership strategies for successful business management
- The Concept of Entrepreneurship
- The Concept of Leadership
- Discovering Personal Entrepreneurial Characteristics (PEC)
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation
- Leadership and decision making in a Dynamic Business Environment
- Leadership and Business Success
- Risk management and Leadership Qualities
- Challenges of Human Resource Management in Business
- Transforming process: from Non Entrepreneur to Entrepreneur
- Leadership and Challenges of the Nigerian Business Environment
- Ethical Issues in Business Management
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to reinforce the training and learning methods.
Officer that are about to Retire and Senior and Middle-level Officers who have interest in entrepreneurship development
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance/active participation