Public Expenditure Management Workshop - (EMP001) - Lagos
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 12 - 16 Oct, 2015
One of the major concerns of the Nigerian government has been how best to streamline public expenditure and improve its allocation under a condition of tight resource constraint and uncertainty. Often times, some mismatch exists between government revenue and expenditure. The difficulty to timely adjust expenditure levels to changes in resource profiles of government remains a serious problem in the management of the economy.
This workshop is, therefore, designed to expose participants to the framework for public expenditure management in Nigeria to enhance the management of public funds.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role of the public sector in national development
- Analyse the Nigerian experience in public expenditure management
- Use better methodological approaches in dealing with public expenditure management with a view to improving its quality
- Explain the stages and elements of formulating a MTEF
- Articulate policy options and issues in the effective and efficient management of public expenditure in Nigeria.
The programme is designed for Planning and Budget Officers, Public Sector Officers on CONTISS 10 and above, and their counterparts in the private sector.
T. A. Osanyintuyi
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos