Macroeconomic Policy Analysis and Management Workshop - (EMP002) - Oyo
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Oyo State, Nigeria
Nov 16 - 20 Nov, 2015
The challenge facing economic management in Nigeria is inadequate capacity to appropriately develop and effectively implement good economic policies. To ensure effective policy design, analysis and implementation, economic planners, policy analysts, budget officers and economic managers need to understand the basic analytical concepts in macroeconomics and be adequately equipped with the knowledge of tools and techniques for macroeconomic analysis and management as a prerequisite for the application of macroeconomic policy instruments.
This workshop holding in Ibadan, Oyo state is designed to enhance the skills of the participants in macroeconomic policy analysis and management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the basic concepts and principles in macroeconomics
- Apply the basic analytical framework, tools and techniques for sound macroeconomic policy formulation, analysis and management
- Build and estimate simple macroeconomic models and interpret the estimated results
- Use the computer effectively in macroeconomic policy analysis
- Analyse major macroeconomic policy instruments and their dimensions.
The programme is designed for Public Officers on CONTISS/GL. 08 and above, and their counterparts in the private sector.
Dr E.E. Enofe
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, Ibadan