Plan and Budget Management Workshop - EMP004 - Lagos
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jul 20 - 24 Jul, 2015
With the nation‘s return to national development planning through the Vision 20:2020 (NV20:2020) and its associated medium-term plans, there is a need to build and strengthen capacity for participatory planning and budgeting and more so towards effective implementation of the subnational components of the NV20:2020. It is expedient that officers and those who provide inputs into the process of plan and budget formulation, analysis and implementation be equipped with necessary tools and techniques to enhance their skills for better performance.
This programme is designed to boost the knowledge and skills of the participants in planning and budgeting.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the concepts, types and significance of plans and budgets
- Articulate the elements of the macroeconomic framework for planning and budgeting in Nigeria
- Describe the processes of utilizing a medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF)
- Use various approaches to enhance stakeholder participation in planning and budgeting
- Outline measures for promoting fiscal discipline in budgeting
- Identify the weaknesses and constraints to effective planning and budgeting in Nigeria.
The programme is designed for Planning and Budget Officers.
J. S. Dogo
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos