The complexity of every economy requires a clear understanding of systematic and scientific methods to analyse it. The need to develop econometrics skills for planners/managers, and macro econometric and input-output modelling capacity for policy analysis have informed the running of this macro econometric workshop for policy analysis and simulation. The workshop holding in Ibadan, Oyo state will strengthen and harness the gains of knowledge acquisition for more effective development policy management in Nigeria and other economies of the world.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Explain the concept and processes in econometric modelling for policy analysis, forecasting and simulation
- Apply appropriate techniques in estimating models for macroeconomic forecasting and simulations
- Use econometric software for model estimation, simulation and forecasting.
- Review of Econometrics
- Time Sense Analysis is Modelling
- ARCH-GARCH Models
- Introduction to Input - Output Modelling
- Static and Dynamic Panel Date Models
- Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Models and Application
- Model Simulation
- Qualitative Choice Models
The programme is designed for Senior Econometricians, Research Officers, Economists, Academics, Planning Officers and Policy Analysts in both the public and private sectors
T. A. Osanyintuyi and B.O. Olaniyan