The role of government has been steadily changing, with increasing emphasis being placed on setting overall direction through policy and planning, engaging stakeholders and citizens, and sometimes empowering stakeholders or partners to deliver programmes and services. At the same time, the environment for policy and planning has increased in complexity. In this complex environment, the demand for good public policy development is also steadily increasing as must the capacity of managers, policy analysts, planners, and others involved in the design and delivery of policies and programmes.
This workshop holding in Abuja, FCT is therefore designed to equip the participants with the requisite competencies required to design and manage policies effectively.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- State the role of public policies in national development
- Discuss Nigeria‘s experience in public policy making and implementation
- Examine approaches and processes for effective public policy making and implementation
- Analyse the significance of research and statistics in public policy making and implementation
- Discuss issues in the political economy of public policy making and implementation.
The programme is designed for Directors and Deputy Directors in the public sector as well as Business Executives and Members of the Academic Community. Representatives of the Legislative Arm of Government, Civil Commissioners, Special Advisers/Assistants and Policy Analysts are also expected to attend.