The success of a project is determined not just by financial returns, but also by its social-economic benefits and welfare impacts. Project management helps to improve outcomes through setting agreed goals and milestones, regularly assessing progress and offering a framework within which to balance risk and capability. Any effective programme for project management requires full understanding of the nature and complexity of the project environment, tools and resources available, and the management capabilities and skills.
This workshop holding in Shangisha, Lagos state is designed to enhance the skills of participants in good quality project management practices.
The main objective of the workshop is to develop the skills of participants in the effective management of development projects.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Describe the relationships among policies, programmes and projects
- Define the concept, significance and scope of project management
- Explain the project management process;
- Highlight the various elements of project management
- Analyse various issues for effective project management
The training programme is designed for Planning and Project Officers on CONTISS/GL. 08–13 in the public sector and their counterparts in the private sector.
Mr. D.A. Ayano