Project Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop - EMP010 - Abuja
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Aug 17 - 21 Aug, 2015
Monitoring and evaluation is a process of continued gathering of information and its analysis, in order to determine whether progress is being made towards pre-specified goals and objectives. Traditional project management placed monitoring and evaluation as the last step in the project cycle however, contemporary project management practices lay emphasis on monitoring and evaluation as an important aspect which should be evident throughout the lifecycle of a project. A well-functioning monitoring and evaluation system helps guide the intervention strategy and ensures effective operations for all key stakeholders.
This workshop holding in Abuja, FCT is designed to build and strengthen participant’s skills in monitoring and evaluating projects for national development.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Situate the roles of projects in the development process
- Discuss the significance and roles of monitoring and evaluation in project implementation
- Apply tools and techniques for monitoring and evaluating development projects
- Write good monitoring and evaluation reports
- Identify weaknesses and constraints to effective M & E in Nigeria
- Proffer strategies for effective M&E.
The workshop is intended for Senior Planning, Project and Finance Officers, and their counterparts in the private
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, Abuja