Economic and Financial Management Workshop - EMP011
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Nov 16 - 20 Nov, 2015
The failure to achieve the desired economic transformation can be linked in part to inadequate capacity for policy articulation, analysis, implementation and financial resource management by public and private sector managers. This is also linked to deficiencies in the requisite knowledge of basic concepts and dynamics of an economic system and for policy impact assessment.
This workshop is designed to enhance the capability of participants to understand and analyse basic economic and financial issues. This is based on a notion that a good knowledge of basic economics and finance is a fundamental prerequisite for understanding the workings of an economic system and the policy focus of government.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Assess the roles of economic management in national development
- Describe the essence and workings of an economic system
- Use essential analytical tools in addressing basic economic problems
- Explain major macroeconomic policy objectives and instruments;
- Assess the impact of economic policy on the development process
- Appraise issues and challenges of economic policy making.
The workshop is designed for Public Officers on GL.08 and above, including Engineers, Accountants, Planning and Budget Officers, Executives and relevant officers in the private sector. Also, officers from the judiciary, legislative and executive arms of government will benefit from the course.
C. Iheama Chanma
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos