Sound sectorial policy analysis and planning are indispensable in resolving the question of choice, priority and interdependence among sectors. As a result, the articulation and implementation of sector specific polices at one time or the other stimulates the rapid overall economic development of the nation. In implementing the National Vision 20:2020 (NV 20:2020), there is need to ensure proper integration of sectorial policies and strategies to enhance linkage and realize potential synergy amongst the nation‘s growth sectors.
This workshop is designed to enhance participant skills in developing appropriate sectoral policies and programmes.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Highlight the framework for implementing NV 20:2020 and the transformation agenda
- Discuss the macro and sectoral policies under NV 20:2020
- Apply appropriate techniques for analyzing, planning and managing sectoral policies and programmes
- Analyse the impact of intersectoral linkages and changes in macroeconomic policies on different sectors of the economy
- Highlight the procedures for tracking developments in the implementation of the sectoral policies and programmes under NV 20:2020.
The programme is designed for Planning and Budget Officers, Research Officers, Economists and Policy Analysts in both the public and private sectors
Mr. A. I. Ohida