Public Sector Accounting Workshop - FPP001
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jun 15 - 19 Jun, 2015
The need for a sound, effective and efficient accounting system in the public sector cannot be overemphasized, particularly with the current economic restructuring and transformation in the country. Operating an efficient accounting system and managing financial resources require relevant competence. Public sector establishments are today expected to minimize bureaucracy and related overheads, manage their financial resources more competently and become more focused. This workshop is organized to equip participants with the skill to effectively account for the financial resources of public enterprises in Nigeria.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Apply appropriate public sector finance and accounting resources techniques to achieve result
- Effectively manage public sector funds
- Identify the problems associated with public sector finance management and proffer solutions
- Generate financial information for quality managerial decisions
- Use the public sector budget as an instrument for directing and achieving appropriate goals
- Use computer-based accounting and financial information systems.
Directors of Finance and Accounts; Heads of Accounts Division; Accountants in federal and state ministries, parastatals and corporations; Treasurers and Accountants in local government councils; Budget Officers in public sector organizations; Financial Analysts; Consultants and Advisers in public sector organizations as well as Internal Auditors.
Mrs. V.R. Aiyeola
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos