For accounting to provide the desired value and complement organizational operations and success, it must incorporate financial systems that are suited to organizational and environmental circumstances. Accountants and financial managers need appropriate skills and competence to develop, organize and improve their performance, where necessary, in the financial systems of their organizations. This workshop holding in Kano state is designed to provide participants with indepth knowledge of new accounting and auditing skills and procedures. It provides financial systems and tools for the recording of financial transactions, analysis and assets acquisitions as well as information for financial analysis, planning, decision making, control, evaluation and review.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Design and operate a simple finance and accounting system
- Prepare financial records and statements
- Analyse and interpret financial statements
- Develop the capability to identify, investigate and analyse accounting problems
- Develop the relevant skills to provide finance and accounting information and relate with other departments
The programme will be delivered using lectures, discussions, syndicate group work and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Omar L. Omar