Finance is one of the most important assets of an organization. Many organizations have been unable to achieve the goals for which they were established due to lack of adequate financial resources. In some cases, huge public financial resources have been spent without adding value to the nation’s development process. Managers of public sector organizations are particularly required to develop the competence to source for revenue internally to run their organizations, thereby reducing the high rate of financial pressure on the government.
This programme has been designed to enhance the competence level of participants to manage their organizations’ financial resources more effectively and efficiently and look inward for more viable sources of internally generated revenue for the survival, growth and development of their organizations.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Strategically plan the financial management of their organizations
- Prepare result oriented budgets
- Use the budget as a tool for planning, coordinating and controlling activities
- Identify viable sources of funding organizational activities
- Control fraud and unproductive use of organizational funds
- Apply financial transparency and accountability measures in the use of public funds
Chief Executive Officers, Permanent Secretaries, Directors and Heads of Department of government establishments
Mrs. S. O. Adetimehin