Research offers opportunity of answers to questions. It establishes existing body of knowledge and otherwise. It provides facts and figures for informed decision making especially for the purpose of policies formulation, implementation and evaluation in governance, business, production and support services. Every field of endeavour needs research. However methodology differs. Research methodology has been broadly classified as quantitative and qualitative approaches. These nonetheless have common features.
This workshop is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of the participants in the use of appropriate research methodology.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Select effective research methods
- Develop the essential skills for utilizing appropriate research strategies
- Develop skills for assessing various research techniques
- Use advanced and empirical methods of research
- Review past and present trends in research method utilization in Nigerian organizations.
Research Officers, Consultants, Trainers and Managers whose jobs involve supervision and control of research projects. Also, the workshop will be useful to Managers whose jobs involve investigating and enquiring into organizational problems and designs of systems for effective solutions. Persons engage in research activities for planning, policies, programmes and projects; research professionals in the various sector of the economy.
P. I. Ehiremhen (Mrs.)