A research project involves a network of activities. These include problem conceptualization, receiving a brief, proposal writing, work plan design, design of instrument, fieldwork, analysis and report writing, and the need to articulate a comprehensive budget for the implementation of the research project. This workshop is borne out of the realization that there is need for planning, controlling and coordination in the implementation of research projects. Such intervention is critical to the success of any research effort due to the complexity, risk and uncertainty involved in research undertaking.
The workshop aims at equipping participants with the necessary skills, techniques and working knowledge for managing research projects.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop formal research project plans
- Establish the research project control
- Determine the process of coordinating research projects
- Allocate resources to research projects (personnel, finance, materials and machinery)
- Estimate research project duration and cost
- Evaluate research projects.
The workshop is designed for staff who are directly involved in data management, training, research, planning and statistics. Persons engage in research activities for planning, policies, programmes and projects; research professionals in the various sector of the economy.
T. O. Akinleye